I have created a team store with our KT and Dodgers logo. The link is below. There is no minimum order and everything is shipped directly to you. The store closes on Wednesday, but I can open it back up at any time. I have not ordered anything from this online store before, but the reviews were good. I am going to order a few shirts and hats and see what the quality is like before ordering more items. They will also be adding a few more youth hats with KT on them on Monday. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Katy Dodgers Super Bowl Fundraiser
Bob Poulsen has organized a Super Bowl Board fundraiser for the tea, Please see below for details. Participate if you can, and feel free to encourage others to do the same.
To help assist with team expenses we are starting a Super Bowl Squares Fundraiser for the team. The Super Bowl is basically a national holiday and most folks these days get involved in Super Bowl Squares. This is a quick and easy way to help generate $1000 for the team, reduce family out of pocket expense, provide a chance for those who participate to win some money, and have some fun while watching the big game with family and friends. If you are not familiar with Super Bowl Squares here is how it works:
How it Works:
· There is a grid of 100 squares on a sheet of paper
· Each participant buys a square for $20
· Once all squares are sold, numbers will be selected 0-9 across the top row of squares for one team and 0-9 down the side of the squares for the other team (numbers are drawn randomly when filled in, not in 0-9 format)
· The final score at the end of each quarter wins money
o Example: The first quarter ends 14-10 with the team across the top having 14 and the team across the side having 10
o You look at the second number in the score, in this case 4 and 0, those are the winning numbers for that quarter
o You then find those numbers on the grid and whoever has that square where they intersect is the winning square
How do we sell the squares ?
· Coaches are asking for your help selling the squares since that is the easiest and fastest way
· We are asking for each players family to sell 10 squares
o Ask family members, friends, neighbors, and co-workers
o Let them know it is a fundraiser for your child, they will sell very fast, 10 boxes is not many to sell...
o When selling the squares be up front with them, $10 goes towards the pot they could win and $10 goes to the team as a fundraiser to help us with team / tournament costs
· Collect CASH only and put in an envelope
· Label the envelope with your child’s name and the 10 names of the people who bought squares, please print
· Let’s shoot to have all squares sold and your envelope with the names and $200 cash turned in at the first team practice on Saturday 1/21/17
o Turn your envelopes into Coach Bob
· $1000 will be deposited into the team account
Rules for the Katy Dodgers Super Bowl Squares Tournament:
· Each box costs $20
o $10 towards the winnings pot
o $10 towards a fundraiser to help with team expenses (ie.. tournaments, fees, equipment)
· Each winning quarter has a $150 payout and the reverse square (same numbers but flip flop teams) pays out $75 per quarter
· Those folks who receive the numbers 2-2, and 5-5 will win $50 automatically as those numbers are nearly impossible to win with
· The squares will be fill out randomly with the participants name in the square
· After all squares are sold, the numbers for the score will be selected randomly by the coaches after one of the team practices
· Parents will be emailed the game sheet with numbers so they can email/pass out to those who signed up
· Winnings will be distributed back to the parents who sold the winning squares at the first practice after the Super Bowl
· Parents will then be responsible to distribute the winnings to the folks they signed up that won
Thanks for your support on this. It really is a very easy way to lower some of the family out of pocket expenses. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Team Meet and Greet - Monday, Dec 19th
Please put a placeholder in your calendars for Monday, Dec 19th. I do not yet have a time and place, but we will get together in the evening for a meet and greet.
We will have sample uniforms so that players can try them on for size. We will also have more information on the uniform ordering process and some calendar updates for the spring.
Rumor has it that there may be a fun activity for the players so that they can get to know each other a bit better.
I'll send an update with further details as soon as I get them.
One item that we need to go ahead and take care of is the matter of birth certificates. I need of copy of each players certificate. Perhaps the easiest thing to do is to simply take a picture of it with your phone and email me the picture. I'll take care of the rest.