Nor-Gwyn Opening Day Parade
Nor-Gwyn Opening Day Parade
This year, during our Player Parade onto Bachman-Jasinski Field for Opening Day ceremonies, we will once again introduce each Team, Sponsor, Manager and Player as they walk onto the field. Nor Gwyn started this several years back and we think it made opening day special for parents and players by recognizing each player.
Organization will be the key to making this run smoothly, so please read and follow the notes below. As your team and names are announced, have some fun, jump up and down, dance to the music and wave to Mom and Dad.
• Teams will assemble by the Left Field entrance of Bachman-Jasinski Field down towards the Pennbrook Softball Field (Field #6) (see Diagram 1).
• Please line up in parade order, (see Diagram 1). Once the parade starts, our goal is to have a constant stream of players.
• Go to your designated area on the field, (see Diagram 2).
• When you get to your spot, please have your players sit quickly so fans may see the teams parading in after you.
• With the large number of teams and players, we will need to keep things moving. Don’t wait for the announcer before you start to parade in.
• There will be volunteers to help keep things organized and moving.
Let’s have some FUN with this!
10:00 Assemble behind Field 3. Additional instructions will be provided upon arrival. Majors and Minors will assemble at the Left Field side heading down towards the softball field (Field #6) and Pony and T Ball will assemble near Field #6. SEE DIAGRAM
10:20 Parade will start. Order of parade: 1. Majors, 2. Minors, 3. Pony & 4. TBall. Keep things moving, as soon as you get to your spot on Bachman-Jasinski Field, please have players sit quickly.
11:00 Opening Ceremonies will commence.
Nor Gwyn 12 Year old & 5 Year old Hand Shake
Near the end of the ceremonies, on cue, Commissioners or League Representatives will line up at 1st and 3rd, (Bob or his designate at 1st, Ken or Katelyn or their designate at 3rd). All 12 year olds, (baseball and softball) will line up on the left field line. All 5 year olds will line up on the right field line.
On cue, (when the players are lined up), the commissioners will walk towards home plate, and shake hands. Players will follow and continue up the opposite base line giving a “High Five” to each player as they pass.
Stay on the inside of the foul lines. Make sure the players DO NOT walk on the lines. There are games immediately after opening ceremonies.
Once they have gone through the lines, players should hustle back to their respective teams for the end of the opening ceremony. Other coaches and officials will help direct the players.
Friday, Saturday Practice & Misc
Our Friday practice will be a scrimmage with the Pirates.
Make sure the boys wear pants and hats. We will likely play till 7:30. Please let me know if you will be at practice on Friday.
Saturday Practice - I didn't realize it was Easter Weekend...let me know what the interest/availability for Saturday. We will cancel if there is not enough interest.
Finally I have all the games posted to Game Changer including the Playoff Pool, Semi Finals, and Playoff Final.
Let me know if you have any questions.