NSA State Rules
NSA FASTPITCH STATE TOURNAMENT RULES
1. Courtesy Runner: The player in the batting order where the last out was recorded or any player not currently in the game may replace the current (the player physically playing the position when the 3rd out was recorded) pitcher or catcher as a courtesy runner at any time. The pitcher or catcher will remain in the game and the courtesy runner will retain all substitution rights( if the courtesy runner has substitution rights). A player can be used only once per inning as a courtesy runner.
2. Run Rule: 12 After 3, 10 after 4, and 8 after 5 innings. This rule will be in effect in ALL games.
3. Batting: A team shall consist of a minimum of 9 players. Twin Players may also be used page 99 rule book.
4. Time Limit: No new inning after 1 hour and 30 minutes. There will be no time limit on the championship game.
5. Tie Breaker/ Extra innings: After the completion of (7) innings, or when the time limit has expired, and the score is still tied, the tie breaker procedure will begin. This would include the last recorded out of the previous inning assuming a position on 2nd base . This would be done at the beginning of each half inning: until at conclusion of a full inning, a winner is determined.
6. All umpire judgement calls are final! Rule interpretation protest must come before the next pitch. Rosters are protestable for a $75 cash bond posted at the time of the protest. Your fee is refunded if the protest is upheld.
7. The above rules are in the rule book but are here for emphasis. 2017 NSA rules will govern play
TWIN PLAYERS a) Any two players may be designated as “TWIN PLAYERS”. The use of TWIN PLAYERS must be made known at the pre-game meeting and written on the line-up card. Both names must be written on one (1) line on the line-up card, or write the names of the TWIN PLAYERS on two lines with the word TWIN PLAYERS before their names. b) The TWIN PLAYERS are interchangeable. The TWIN PLAYERS occupy one (1) slot in the batting order and are locked to that slot for the duration of the game. One TWIN can replace the other on offense (either as a batter or runner) at any time and as often as desired without the action being considered a substitution. c) Any 9 players in the line-up can play defense at any time. The TWIN PLAYERS may play defense at the same time. d) There is no requirement that a TWIN PLAYER play defense at any time during the game